What can I do?
What can I do right now?
- “Like” us on Facebook.
- Join our email group
- Create a Twitter account and read this guide to Twitter to help us raise awareness.
- Donate to Decoding Dyslexia Utah
- Share this information with 3 others and ask that they get involved in this movement also!
What can I do to make change happen in my school?
- Join our DD-UTAH Facebook Discusion board (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions)
- Familiarize yourself with the new Utah dyslexia laws. Go to our Legislation page.
- Join your community council and give a presentation on dyslexia.
- Contact your local school board member and State School board member and ask them to encourage educators to learn more about dyslexia and have professional development training's on dyslexia.
- Send a letter and/or email to your local Utah legislators, share your personal story and ask that they support students with dyslexia. Tips for writing your family story can be found at www.pacer.org/parent/php/PHP-c121.pdf.
- Attend a Decoding Dyslexia parent night and educate yourself about dyslexia!